Founded in 1977 as The Roberts Company, Roberts has grown from a small contractor to a large full-service constructor and fabricator. Roberts brings practical and innovative solutions to projects in the following industries: chemical, specialty chemical, mining, power, port facilities/terminals, pulp and paper, oil and gas, industrial pharmaceutical, and manufacturing.
In 2015 Roberts became part of Argan, Inc. Argan is a publicly traded holding company (NYSE:AGX) focused on companies that provide products and services to growth industries. Argan seeks as partners, companies that can benefit from Argan’s ability to enhance their growth, either internally or through strategic acquisitions. Argan’s current portfolio of wholly owned subsidiaries includes Gemma Power Systems, LLC and affiliates; Atlantic Projects Company Limited, Southern Maryland Cable, Inc. and The Roberts Company.?
With a nearly 200,000 sq. ft. modern ASME code production facility, Roberts can provide Fabrication Services in a clean and spacious environment allowing for proper materials segregation. When applicable, automated GMAW, SAW, and orbital welding methods are used to provide consistent quality. Should manual welding be required, the skill of our craftsmen is unparalleled.
Qualifications and Materials:
Roberts has more than 500 PQR/WPS qualifications in GTAW, GMAW, SAW, and SMAW, covering materials including, but not limited to: mild steels, stainless steels, duplex, nickel alloy, high temperature alloys, and titanium. Reactors, columns, evaporators, condensers, crystallizers, towers, scrubbers, piping systems, and high purity vessels are all commonly produced in our shop.
Estimating, design, production management, and quality assurance capabilities ensure that your project will be produced to exact specifications. Specialty heat exchanger rebuilds, a climate-controlled industrial coating facility, and precision machining services add to our capability list.
Off-Site Assembly, Construction, and Plant Maintenance Services:
If your equipment is too large to ship, we regularly send our field services crews to various plant sites for final vessel assembly. And, Roberts Construction offers industrial construction capital project solutions along with Roberts Plant Maintenance Services which provides maintenance and turnaround solutions for any project. Customers typically utilize industrial process equipment and related mechanical systems. With more than 40 years of experience supplying complete craft services, we are prepared to perform site preparation from demolition and concrete installation to steel erection, equipment installation, piping, electrical, instrumentation, and commissioning. Our project management group consistently provides planning, scheduling, procurement, and site management services to a full spectrum of industrial clients.
Our goal is to continue profitable growth by providing responsible leadership that is measured by customer satisfaction and exceptional value.
Enhance and build lasting relationships with industrial clients by providing fabrication, construction, and plant services that are cost-effective and on-time, while achieving the highest industry standards of safety and quality.
At Roberts, safety is our top priority. This mindset is instilled in each Roberts’ team member?as safety standards are part of the plan for every project.
Some examples of our dedication to safety include:
- Recipient of the N.C. STAR, awarded by the N.C. Department of Labor for safety excellence.
- Granted self-insured status from the N.C. Department of Insurance based on excellent safety record.
- Recipient of three outstanding safety performance awards by the North Carolina Department of Labor (NCDOL). These awards are given to firms with the lowest injury rate during a given year. The Five Million Man Hours – No Lost Time Accidents award is a positive reflection of our management, field supervision, and most importantly, our dedicated trades men and women working every day.
Our business is inherently dangerous. Since the founding of our firm in 1977, our employees have always been the most important asset to Roberts. Their safety and well-being are our #1 priority. At Roberts, we understand that a safe workplace does not just happen; it is the result of rigorous planning, continuous training, implementation of policy, and management’s commitment in combination with safe work behaviors championed by our employees. We have committed and have in place the necessary resources to achieve this goal. We are committed to ensuring that our employees are fully equipped to work safely at our facilities, or our clients’ facilities. Safety will always be at the forefront of every project we undertake, no matter the size or duration.
Roberts Safety Program:
Planning, communicating, observing, and looking for ways to continually improve is a focus at Roberts.
The following safe work practices serve as the foundation for the program:
- Discuss and plan work assignments daily using the Roberts Pre-task Planning Information Sheet
- Empower all employees to stop work and notify a supervisor if a threat to safety is observed
- Conduct daily or weekly “Toolbox Safety Talks”
- Conduct Project Audit Inspection Reports
- Provide OSHA 10-Hour Training for all supervisors
- By planning a safety culture in our everyday activities, working safely at Roberts has become natural to our employees.
A Quote from the President:
“Roberts understands that no matter how well we preform, your project will not be considered a success if someone gets hurt on the job. Roberts is committed to getting every employee involved in safety and promoting a culture to prevent accidents and injuries.”
The Roberts Company
CEO / COB
Roberts’ history of working for industrial clients throughout the world has enabled us to gain direct experience in the protection of the environment.
Roberts pledges to protect and improve the environment by:
- Always complying with environmental laws and regulations.
- Supporting our customers in their efforts to protect and improve the environment.
- Minimizing waste through intelligent resource choices and recycling whenever possible.
- Training all employees in best environmental practices and quick response to all spills.
- Assessing and reporting our performance to top management and to regulatory agencies in every level.
Our Core Values
- Safe work environment
- Employee well-being
- Superior quality
- Customer satisfaction
- Maintain long-term relationships with customers and use a common-sense approach to project construction.